Sunday 10 May 2015

Lava Lamp Bath Bomb

"Go from 0 to 60's when you bathe with this bomb. Bobbing orbs - made with 100% traceable cocoa butter - and triple whammy of orange oils are guaranteed to make you feel groovy baby."

There has been a lot of argument over the new Lush Lava Lamp bath bomb with some people claiming to have had their body and bath tub stained purple and with this scheduled for release in tomorrow's Kitchen menu, I thought I would review and let you guys decide for yourselves. 

Lava Lamp Bath Bomb
After visiting the new Lush Oxford Street store yesterday, we took it upon ourselves to create our own opinions on this product. 

When you first lay your eyes on this Bomb, you seriously cannot ignore the scent that protrudes from the shelf. This product boasts three ingrediants that creates its orangey aroma; orange flower absolute, tangerine and mandarin oils. Secondly, you can't help but question what these purple circles are which are spotted across the bomb. These are in fact the oils which will create the lava lamp effect in your bath. 

When we walked past this, we were both a little sad because of how much we loved the scent. We'd both agreed to not get this on the basis of other reviews we had read. We were given a demo of this and informed the employee that we were concerned with many customers claiming stained baths and skin. They admitted that there have been some reports but after they had investigated the matter, it was found that the stains were only appearing on older baths which had a lack of overlay which helps wipe it clean. After being given a demo in one of the sinks, we were mesmerised by the swirls and twirls of purple. It as unbelievable just how moisterising the water was and it made our hands very soft. Well, we were both convinced after she pulled the plug and it left no stains and ended up getting three each. 





As soon as this hits the surface of the water it sets off in rapid action; it's certainly a fast fizzer. Every now and then another of its oily purple spots is lost which creates an island that floats around the bath whilst it melts. Some of them sank to the floor of the bath but this created an extra dimension and realism towards the classic lava lamp. From the bottom of the bath as these melted, drops of oil slowly raised itself towards to surface of the now orange water. 

The scent fills the entire room and beyond. Its fresh, zesty orange scent is one of my favourites. When the oil melts completely, you are left with a product like no other. It really does recreate that lava lamp feel. 

Now this is where I begin to see a different side. When we were in store, the demo sinks are just that - sinks. They are not baths and therefore dont give a perfect representation of what this would look like in the bath. There is not much difference but because a bath is bigger, these inky spots are a lot more isolated and widespread than the compact spectacle we observed in store. 


Upon entering the bath, the purple lava began to disappear to the sides of the bath and more disappointingly, on me! Where ever I moved or no matter how much I rubbed it off, it somehow came back or ended up elsewhere. I then began to feel a little dirty like I needed to get out and clean off before getting back in. Then I noticed all the purple lining all the bath and started to wish I had listened to the other reviews. I had visions of scrubbing the bath tub with the strongest bleach for hours but it wasn't all doom and gloom. Not at all! 




When the oils mixed with the water, my skin became so soft. It's hard to explain but it first happened with star light star bright - it felt as if I had an extra layer covering my body that kept it soft and smelling beautiful and its the same with Lava Lamp. My skin was softer than soft and smelt strongly of orange. It has now been 3 hours since using it and I still smell strongly of the scent. 

After emptying the bath, I was happy to see everything come off with a quick wipe and my leg had not stained purple. Overall, I think this is definitely worth a purchase! It's pros certainly outweigh the cons. It did not stain my bath, neither did it stain my skin. It left me feeling soft and moisterised and my mood uplifted with its strong, orange odor. It was a little shakey to begin but in the end a fab product. However, whilst the concept is amazing and is certainly well replicated in a bath until you step into it. 

For those of you who are worried (that needn't be) you can easily pop the purple spots out and enjoy an oil free bath! 




Again, thanks for reading, please subscribe/comment with feedback on what you would like to see on this blog. Remember to follow us on Instagram @LushSibs 


Thanks,

Jase :) 





1 comment: