Thursday 14 May 2015

Intergalactic Bath Bomb - Lush Cosmetics

Yesterday, I claimed to have found a bath bomb that had become one of my top 5. Today, I tried Intergalactic and it has definitely smashed its way towards the top of that! So much so, I could not wait to rant and rave about this fantastic bomb!

Intergalactic Bath Bomb by Lush Cosmetics
When first seeing these available in Oxford Street, I was intrigued as to what they would look like visually in the bath. Hearing "Intergalactic", I immediately envisaged a starry, sparkly, swirly bath full of glitter and then suddenly Shoot for the Stars bath bomb appeared in my mind. With that being one of my favourites, I was nearly wetting my pants in excitement to give this one a try. 

Upon the first initial (and essential) sniff test, I was surprised to learn that this was minty! As much as I love minty fresh scents, I didn't know what to make of it being a bath product. The bomb is a deep blue colour with hints of a vibrant yellow and pinks peeing through the middle. On the surface of the bomb are that hint of lustre which tells you this is going to be a super bomb! 

Look at that gold lustre and all those vibrant colours!
This one is a fast fizzer to begin with! As soon as the bomb hits the water, it explodes and engulfs the bath into a sea of deep, glittery blue! The band around the middle of the bomb injects colour which splits up the jets of blue firing out of the bomb. The scent fills the room and suprisingly, I quite like it. In fact, I like it a lot! I remember when Melomint was released in The Kitchen, I was thinking how strange it was to have a mint bath but saw a comment that mentioned how refreshing it was for a cool summer bath. I definitely feel that this bath would be the perfect accompaniment to a hot summer's day (though they are quite rare, I wouldn't want to wait that long). 

When the bomb begins to swirl, the real magic begins.
The fizzing carries on but the bomb doesn't seem to be getting any smaller which is surprising due to the fierce firing of colour coming from it. Suddenly, it begins to spin and in doing so, causes a huge, galaxy type swirl. Compared with Shoot for the Stars, this is much more vibrant and colourful and I much prefer the scent! I remember the day I found out that Shoot for the Stars scent was the same as Honey I Washed the Kids. Until then, I couldn't put my finger on it and as soon as I found out, I sadly went off the scent. As much as I love the both of them, I think this one comes out on top for me due to the colours and the scent. 

When the bomb nears its end, like Frozen, it splits into two. and begins to slowly fizz. Half purple and half creamy, turquoise blue fizz and bubble side by side giving one last showstopper. Once this bomb had finished, it had left my bath a beautiful mix of purples, yellows, blues and whites in the centre of the tub, surrounded by layers and layers of blues and whites. This was crying out for me to play with and create some patterns! If you run a hair pin or toothpick (or anything thin enough) you can begin to create some epic art bath art! 



Once the patterns fade and you're in the tub, the water is a magnificent blue with gold lustre swooshing around underneath the surface in waves. The amount on glitter in the bomb is incredible! The bath left my skin feeling quite soft and on coming out of the bath and drying off... I was completely covered, head to toe, in glitter! My bath had a layer of gold lustre left on the bottom once the bath had drained. If you don't like glitter, don't let this put you off, it is easily removed by a quick rinse in the shower if you choose. 

All in all, this is by far one of the best bath bombs Lush have created in my opinion. I think it certainly filled the hole that was left when I realised the scent of Shoot for the Stars (not a fan of honey). The incredible performance this gave, the bright vibrant colours and the glittery blue bath water is exactly what a top notch bath bomb should include! I do have a video demo of this and will be editing it shortly to upload to our YouTube channel so stay tuned.



Thanks for reading, Jase :)

2 comments:

  1. Jase, your posts make we want to cross the North Sea swimming, just to go to Oxford Street! Although I love living in Holland, I would love to move to the UK when it comes to Lush...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do want. I love the arty bath ballistics. Makes me miss my old tub!

    ReplyDelete