Monday 4 May 2015

Hello from Jase

Hello!

This is our first time ever doing anything like this so apologies to begin for being a little rusty. We are Lushsibs! Two siblings that share an addiction to Lush Cosmetics! I would like to share how it all began and how we hope, through blogging, we can expand how we share what we love through blogs and videos and not me limited to Instagram. 

For me, it all began just before Christmas 2014 when my sister showed me a picture of her bath. There I was sat in plain boring bath water and I am sent an image of Lush's Northern Lights bath ballistic. Being a lad, I have never really known of bath bombs and what can be achieved. I knew of them, but didn't think anything past a bit of fizz and a nice smell. I wanted in on this interesting looking things!

We decided to go shopping in Birmingham and visited Lush there. Upon entering, you really do get hit with 'that smell' every Lush shop has. I was in heaven. I went straight for the bath bombs and started giving them all a whiff. 

"The blue one smells nice, the yellow one smells like honey, that big green one over there smells like a Jelly Baby" I would say, hearing my sister correct me informing me what was what. I settled with Fizzbanger. A beautifully citrus, sweet scent which was bright yellow. £3.35 was a little bit steep compared to the £1 huge bottle of Radox I'm used to. With an open mind, I went toward the till skipping everything else in my way. Sam was telling me that this is where it all starts. I laughed and firmly stated that there was no way I would ever get anything other than a bath bomb now and again. 

Seeing my sister get new products, I'd try them out each Sunday. The first being Grease Lightning - in its small bottle and £6.40 I was quite skeptical. Could it really do such wonders? To put simply, yes. I was a little aprehensive to be spending quite a bit of money for such a little bit of product but I went for it. Happy with the results I looked into more of their products. The bath bombs started to pile up... I purchased my first shower gel, Grass... then it was face masks and I started to feel like I wanted to try EVERYTHING! 

Then came the introduction to The Kitchen. Why do they sell such amazing products and knowing they're limited edition and can't be purchased in store made me want them for wanting them sake. Fortunately I have loved absolutely everything I have purchased from The Kitchen but unfortunately my bank balance doesn't!

We have people all the time, and I am sure you do too who say, "Why are you wasting your money on stuff you just throw in the bath? £10.25 for shower gel? I can get a bottle for £1!" but for me, Lush is my treat. Some people spend money on smoking, scratch cards, going out every other night, a new pair of shoes etc. I like to spend it on Lush and take some me time and relax. 

We both began a joint Instagram account to keep track of the baths and products we would buy and use. This was to stop our phones being clogged with pictures and videos and instead we had somewhere we could share them. Suddenly out of nowhere we noticed our likes and followers increase and wondered why anyone would be interested in a few bath pictures. To our surprise, there was a whole entire community of "Lushies" on Instagram and we started to make friends with others that shared the same passion. Its really humble to know that we never really set out for likes or followers but instead to share something we loved and in doing so, others have got involved in sharing that love and passion and along the way we have met some lovely people. 

We felt that Instagram was limited at giving us a voice. We want to start giving more and doing that in different ways. We can both talk for England and always wanted to blog/vlog but never really had anything to talk about...whereas now we have. 

Thank you for your continued support and we are excited to begin this blog. Let us know what you think. Any advice on blogging completely appreciated, this is my first ever write so I am sorry if its been a little dull 

No comments:

Post a Comment