Wednesday 6 May 2015

Hello from Sam

Lush for me now is probably one of the best things I have in my life. Need a pick me up? Eczema problems? Feeling low? Ex-boyfriend troubles? Lush has a bath bomb for that. If in doubt, I choose lush. 


I was first introduced to lush in May 2015. I had a counsellor who gave me tips on how to relax and learn to love my body instead of punishing it. I suffer from anxiety & depression so she recommended Lush as she said there is nothing lush can not cure. She was right. 

My first ever lush product was Dorothy Bubble Bar, & as probably a lot of you can relate to when you just throw your bubble bar in, not having a foggiest idea that you're meant to crumble it up under running water to create bubbles & it sinks to the bottom. I didn't really expect much as this was my first product anyway. Nevertheless, I had a few bubble and mushed it all up. I was surprised by how the water felt more like silk & the scent was so strong & didn't fade. After getting out, I smelt gorgeous, & my skin was moisturised like it never had been before. The bathroom smelt of the bubble bar for the rest of the day & all my family were asking what the gorgeous smell was.

When you don't know how to use a bubble bar and throw it all in!
By the end of May 2014 I had learned how to use a bubble bar & pretty much tried every single bath bomb in their continuous range. There was nothing I disliked. I just wanted more and more. So I'd stocked up and had my first little stash which lasted me up until the Halloween/Christmas range. I didn't know that Lush did limited edition products for different times of the year, so seeing all these new bath bombs, I had to have them all. I visited Birmingham in December and decided to have my first Lush trip with my brother. I was a little apprehensive because it was so rammed but I loved the atmosphere. The staff were all so friendly and introduced me to products other than bath bombs/bubble bars. So I left with First Snow dusting powder, which is a scented powder that moisturises your skin & leaves a subtle glittery shimmer. So, now I'm on to other products, I decided to study the lush website of all the products that they do.


After using Grease Lightning and Tea Tree Toner Spray daily
for one month!

Having suffered from acne most of my life, when I looked through Lush's face products on the website they had a lot of products that fhelped to cleanse/tone your skin & the almighty grease lighting that fights spots as soon as you feel them coming. I was sold. I noticed a difference within a few weeks. It was like magic. I'd literally tried everything the doctor had given me for acne, even antibiotics. They didn't work for me. Changing my skin routine to a Lush skin routine gave me gorgeous flawless skin I'd so desperately been in search of from my early teens. Not only that, but it gave me that extra boost of confidence that I'd be lacking for such a long time. This was the point where I thought my counselor was a genius. 




Blackberry Bath Ballistic
I found that they have a bath bomb to helps anxiety called 'blackberry bath bomb'. The scents in this bath bomb are meant to be calming, as they're ingredients that are used in aromatherapy, frankincense & bergamot. Claiming that this help to ease tension, calm breathing & introduce feelings of wellbeing. All you have to do is drop your blackberry bath bomb in the bath, lay back and relax. Reading the difference scents in this product I was a little apprehensive that I wouldn't like them, but it was quite the opposite, I loved it. The colour of the water changed to a deep purple & I ended up feeling like I was floating away in paradise. So now every time I'm having a bit of a down day or I'm feeling panicky knowing I've got to go out and face the world, I use this bath bomb before hand & then I'm ready to fight my way through the day ahead. 

After searching through all the products on the lush website I found The Kitchen. After finding The Kitchen you're well & truly hooked. Limited edition products to buy every weekday. Wow. The thing about the kitchen that has got me hooked is the fact you can not get these products from any stores & only 30-400 items are made of each product, So when I receive my Lush delivery which is labelled 'FrAesh from The Kitchen' I get all excited like a child at Christmas knowing that I'm one of few who own these limited edition products. I get a little bit upset when I use my last product from the Lush Kitchen, but then I remember I can always put a request in for them to make my favourite product again. So now we're into May 2015, my Kush stash is huge & Kush Oxford Street has just opened with Lush products that are exclusive to that store only. This made Jase and I think it was the perfect time to start blogging & show you videos, reviews and demos of all the new products. I actually have a countdown on my phone, & I have written a list ready so I don't miss anything that I really really want!!

Sam x

1 comment:

  1. You are so brave! Thanks for sharing this! I hope Lush will be there for you forever!! Xxx Ilse

    ReplyDelete